Menu
20allein
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Interference on TV

We keep getting picture interference on TV, not pixelating. Got so bad last night that we couldn't watch TV. Much better this morning but still there. I have tried the suggested things such as reboot of TiVo box and checking cables are tight but no luck. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Interference on TV

Hi can you post a picture, as without a description its hard to say. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
20allein
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Micky. The TV's seem fine now but sods law it will go again tonight or during the week when I'm working and the family will be going mad! All I can describe it as is the last frame was still on the screen and jagged images on half of the screen for a second or two then starting that process again. With COVID I'm hesitating calling 150 but I assume the best thing would be to call and hope I get through so Virgin can test? I read somewhere that someone had similar problem which was resolved by an engineer coming to box outside and boosting signal?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi it can be a signal level issue either to high or low particularly if you have a V6 box, it could be a faulty or not the right specification HDMI lead, so if you can get through to someone who knows what they are doing they can test for a level problem. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Any Virgin faults staff that you call through to, can run certain remote diagnostics on your box to check for the more obvious faults.

If you post a picture of the symptoms you've got, to this community forum, it may just be that there's something else causing it and we can offer some helpful advice.

The worst case is that we just advise you to call VM faults, in which case you've lost nought.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos