Menu
Highlighted
Titquinn
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Installation

Hi I had virgin installed 26th jan my second box which I thought was wireless is actually wired I have to run an Ethernet cable from bedroom to living room so as I can get on demand and my recorded programs your help would be appreciated is this the same for everyone?

Titquinn

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

The second box can be ran off wifi instead of ethernet, disconnect the ethernet and look under settings then network settings

0 Kudos
Titquinn
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but the guy who installed it said would need cable
but thanks I’ll gave it’s try
Titquinn
0 Kudos
Titquinn
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I tried your suggestion but when I unplugged the Ethernet cable and tried to connect a notice came up saying cable unplugged can’t connect 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Titquinn wrote:

Hi I tried your suggestion but when I unplugged the Ethernet cable and tried to connect a notice came up saying cable unplugged can’t connect 

Switch the V6 off and unplug it for 5 minutes.  Disconnect the ethernet cable and then start it up when it tries to connect it should now default to the wireless networks option where you select the wifi network you want it to connect to and then input the password.  If it doesnt go to Home button>settings>network>connection and see if it is actually detecting your networks - if so try to connect it from there

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Titquinn
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jbrennand

Thanks very much for your help that worked a treat 

thanks again 

Titquinn

0 Kudos