Menu
Yozzer
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation problems due to silt in the pipe?

My son has just rented a house, and as he works from home, and badly needed an internet connection, and less urgent, a TV signal.

He ordered it a few weeks ago, and the guy called yesterday to put a lead from the box at the end of the road, to his house. Apparently there was silt in the already laid tubing, and after an hour he left without indicating what would happen next. The guy who was going to complete the installation, was supposed to call this morning, but has not arrived, my son suspects because the outside part of the installation has not been completed, as no box has been fitted to the wall.

He has tried ringing Virgin several times, only to find each time there is a queue of at least an hour. Does anyone know what usually happens when there is silt in the pipe? my son is getting manic because he is using his phone as a tether, and the signal keeps dropping due to a poor signal, and is getting desperate. This is Macclesfield by the way.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation problems due to silt in the pipe?

If there is silt in the duct it will be impossible to pull a new cable. This would need a construction team to dig up the pipe & fix it. Digging requires council permits, which can take several weeks to obtain.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Yozzer
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation problems due to silt in the pipe?

Many thanks for your reply. Not good news at all, but at least he knows now and can decide what to do.

0 Kudos