Menu
Parv2507
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Incomplete Installation

I am a new customer and have not received my first bill yet. My package is for Internet, Telephone and 3 x TV boxes. The engineer came yesterday and only installed the Internet, Telephone and 1 TV Box.

I have no idea when another engineer will come to install the remaining 2 TV boxes and if I will get billed monthly for 3 TV boxes when in fact I only have 1 TV box.

I have checked my orders and there is nothing to indicate that another engineer has been scheduled to finish the installation and it's impossible to get in touch via customer services due to COVID-19 and CHAT is non existent as I've been trying for days.

How will they know that my install still requires the 2 tv boxes to be installed, and will I get billed for 3 tv boxes, even though I only have it it one room at the moment.

Very confused.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Incomplete Installation

Hello

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Nicholas_k
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there,because of the current situation it’s been deemed that engineers spend as little time as possible in a customers house,you will only be charged for what you have right now,when things are a little more normal you will be contacted to arrange a date to install the other 2 v6, I hope this helps.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Paul_86
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good morning 

Current VM BAU is to install 1x hub 1x TV box (V6 or Tivo) and telephone, this is to reduce the risk of contracting Covid19 not only to you but to our techs aswell, potentially the techs can visit up to 50 customers in a week if they are carrying Covid 19 on their clothing or have contracted it this puts you at a huge risk.

By Gov guidelines as VM are in close contact and discussing business options etc 2nd or 3rd boxes are classed as non essential.

Notes will have been made against your account for once this covid19 issue is resolved then we can work with you to find a suitable time to install the remaining boxes.

If you like you can DM me and i can check your account to ensure notes have been made?

Kind regards

Paul.

I am a Virgin Media field technician working on a 2nd line support project. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own equipment at home. If my answer was helpful to you please mark as helpful or consider leaving some kudos.

¤ Why not save yourself £50 by referring a friend to Virgin Media. For more info please DM me ¤ 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more