Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Impossible to contact anyone

Good afternoon, This is my final shot at getting someone to contact me regarding a house move that I tried to undertake in March. 

After this I will head straight to the Ombudsman (as I have advised I would do in my previous emails to your company).

At the time, I simply tried to switch the address on my services but realised that you wanted to charge me an extortionate rate for baseline services. I emailed to request a callback re: whether you could offer me a better deal. Nothing happened. As COVID had stopped play I instead requested numerous times via livechat that you end my services with 30 days notice (every time I tried to call I got cut off). 

We ended up signing up to a new deal with you in my partners' name at our new property (I need the internet for my job). I contacted numerous times to ensure my previous account was cancelled.)

I then wrote a formal letter of complaint in July. I requested that you only contact me back via email. 

I heard nothing, then today I am informed that my account will be passed to collections (previous experience in CS says this can't be done during an active complaint). I tried to call again, and once again I am cut off once I am informed the lines are busy. 

Please get someone to contact me via my email address (listed on this account) below, before I contact the ombudsman tomorrow morning and cancel all of my services with you. 

Regards, 

A loyal but very frustrated customer. 

P.S - as someone who has worked for Vodafone forums for many years, I am aware that this is a place for 'community advice' and that I will need to take the complaint offline..but I am desperate for someone human to contact me about this. It's been 6 months! (please don't @ me, superusers lol)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Impossible to contact anyone

Sorry to hear of the experience that you've had while trying to get your issues resolved Espi. 

Have you been able to get any further updates since you last message to us yesterday?

If not, Please could you send a message to our team on 0753 301 6422 and they will be able to look into your account further and get your issue resolved.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Steven, 

But this is just a number for a virtual assistant....this is painful. I am now reiterating everything again and getting nowhere. 

I will contact the ombudsman later. I just want this sorting via a real person. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The number above would go through a few automated questions but it will then go to the correct departments queue for an agent to assist further. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This has been an ongoing complaint for 6 months. I'm afraid having to reiterate all of my information again, along with the 6 months of problems and non-contact I have had, is beyond reasonable. 

I will be writing to your complaints team (again) along with the ombudsman later. 

I appreciate that you have no insight into the issue itself, but I can assure your whole online time that there have been better ways to deal with complaints like this for many years. Take me offline as quickly as possible, proactively look into my issue and email me. It's called ownership and it makes a huge difference when it comes to customer service. 

Like I say, this is not your fault Emily, but Virgin Media's customer service function is currently failing on the most basic requests. I should not still be trying to process a move out/canx after 6 months. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If this is an already open complaint do you have the reference? 

If not the team can pass security on your account and take a look at this for you.

If you complaint has been open for longer than 8 weeks you can then take this to CISAS for final verdict, you can read more into this on our complaints code of practice. During a complaints process the account would go along as normal including any outstanding payments going through the process of unpaid bills.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos