Menu
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you like this....

Someone needs to look at whatever code decides "similar" films when you select the "If you like this..." link on a film. It is ridiculous, and consequently of no help whatsoever!

Example: I watched WW2 film The Bridge on the River Kwai, a very famous war film. The suggestions for similar content are:

1. Agatha Christie's Marple
2. The Professionals (70's TV cop show)
3. Celebrity Antiques Roadshow!
4. Live Premier League football!!
5. Doctor Who!!!
6.Inspector Morse!!!!
7. Traffic Cops!!!!!
8. Live Match of the day!!!!!!
9. Vera !!!!!!!
10/ Live six nations rugby!!!!!!!!

And one war film...

What use is that?

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: If you like this....

Never found the Suggestions section much use either with Virgin Media or NowTv but I don’t doubt it works for some people.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

But it shouldn't be difficult to get right. All it has to do is look at the meta data and, in my example, anything tagged with WW2, or War, or the names of any of the principal actors perhaps would show up and be much more relevant.

I suspect the problem is bad, or missing, meta data on the individual films. Do Virgin tag everything, probably not.

0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I think the morel of this story is to rely on your own selections.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The problem with that is that the search doesn't allow you to search for categories, unlike Netflix where I can search on "British WW2 films" for example. The Virgin search requires me to know the name of the film I am looking for first!

0 Kudos