Menu
Mykipper61
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ITV Hub

Hi, I have two V6 boxes & neither of them are showing the new series of both 'Finding Alice' & 'The Bay' on ITV Hub, although they're frequently advertised as being able to watch all. It would be really handy to have these shows at the moment........Any help please????......Thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ITV Hub

Righto, we have a branding issue here!

There is the standard OnDemand programmes, which are branded as ITV-Hub when you play them - these have the standard 30day CatchUp available, and the first episodes of these dramas are indeed available on there.

If you use the ITV-branded app.. Home > Apps > All apps > ITV, the complete series are available for watching there if you don't want to wait for the broadcast showings.

The BBC are doing similar with many new series - broadcast slots with the standard CatchUp, and then the iPlayer shows the complete set before subsequent broadcast.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mykipper61
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Got it......... .....Thanks.......
0 Kudos
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

To avoid confusing viewers VM/ITV could rename the folder in Catch Up to just 'ITV' to distinguish it from the 'ITV Hub' app. It is what Channel 5 has done, with it listed as 'Channel 5' in Catch Up rather than it being 'My5' branded.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@VMViewer wrote:

To avoid confusing viewers VM/ITV could rename the folder in Catch Up to just 'ITV' to distinguish it from the 'ITV Hub' app. It is what Channel 5 has done, with it listed as 'Channel 5' in Catch Up rather than it being 'My5' branded.

If this was purely VM's choice, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea. It may not be!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks