cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Control

Ops-uk
Just joined

Just read Virgins new Tivo boxes are Bluetooth only. No IP Control, no Infra Red control. That means no third party control systems. Crestron, Control4, Savant, URC etc will all stop working. I will therefore have to inform all my clients with Virgin that they need to switch to Sky ASAP or their system will stop working.

F852DBDD-7BE5-4155-BFF2-C28E2848CF08.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not clued up on IR but the specs of the 360 box on the Dutch Ziggo site seems to say it supports IR:

"IR (36kHz RCMM and RC5) and RF4CE"
https://www.ziggo.nl/televisie/mediaboxen/mediabox-next/specificaties

Although just because the hardware supports it doesn't mean the software will, but it does at least mean it is not impossible.

Also how VM Ireland choose to support the box and any functions on it are not necessarily the way VM UK will support it when it gets a proper release.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

You can control the 360 with a Harmony remote by telling it it’s a Ziggo MediaBox Next when setting it up (as reported in other threads also).  My Harmony is IR only and controls the 360 just fine.

It’s not the box that doesn’t support IR it’s just that the supplied remote only works with RF control.

It also has a remote control via IP but you need to use the Virgin TVGo app. You need to select the box from the TV symbol at the top of the screen and then pick the remote option:

TVGo1.PNGScreenshot_20201025-213713_Virgin TV Go.jpg