Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I want to stop my tv package but keeping the broadband

Hi, 

I am looking to remove my tv package for a number of reasons (some channels do not work, i am going to pay a lot next month when my fixed contract ends).

Is it possibile to keep the virgin fibre m200 broadband and combine it with the sky tv equipment? Or is there an issue with cables etc?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to stop my tv package but keeping the broadband

you can do this. removing the tv will start a new contract for internet only.
Sky do not use any of VM network so you can have both

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Equally, if some channels aren't working for you (but you're paying for them), have you reported this and allowed VM to rectify it?

Pricing will always be an individual thing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, of course.

I followed all the instructions given to solve this but they did not work.

Sadly, it happen on a couple of movie channels and one of the sky sport channels.

But the most annoying one, is the error message when i try to change my package online. It is awful that the only way to do this, is by waiting 1 hour at the phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Aleian81,

Do you see the Oops error?

If in the the upgrades and offers section you see an Oops something went wrong message, it's because you either already have a discount and the systems require an extra bit of manipulation by the agents to set up any new discounts, or because the package you are on is no longer sold and again requires the extra manipulation by agents to change the package.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone then you could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. And is a little more frustrating than phoning.

If phoning it's best to call first thing on a morning, 8am, as it's less busy then.  Dial 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, Options 1,1 and 4 Changes to your package

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A bit of what other have said really. "Instructions" & advice on resolving channel problems would be that this could be a duff box or possibly a signal issue, either way that's a service fault that VM should rectify if reported to them. TV Faults on 150, or this forum (with a few days delay) are the ways to report this.

As regards your package - the usual reason for an inability to amend your package online is that you're on some kind of bespoke or discount deal that needs a (possibly retentions) C/S agent to manually amend. If you're coming up for contract-end, it sounds the ideal time to look at new bundles with a view to renegotiation.

But as others have already said, if you find that terminating your VM TV is what suits you best, then VM services are delivered over a separate physical network to Sky, BT & any other Openreach-based provider. So VM can exist alongside any of those, the only requirement is that if you have a Virgin V6 box then you must have VM broadband.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the answer. 
I appreciate the explanation and I am indeed on a discount package. It is still unacceptable, because it mean that I will never be able to change my package on-line on time to avoid the price raising sharply at the end of the minimum term.

I will try to phone up early in the morning, I have until the 18th September to reach them. Then I enter in the last month of my 18 months-offer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, 

I have not completely decided yet. It really depends from the phone call I am going to make to Virgin Media.

As you say, to have a V6 Tv-box I need to have VM broadband. My worry is the other way around. If I have a Sky-Q decoder, is it a requirement then to have also sky broadband? Or can I have Sky-Q as TV and virgin media as broadband?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As for communicating that some channels won't work... I have checked the community in the past and it did not look as they were able to solve the problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

To be fair to VM, I don't think even C/S agents can (easily) apply fresh discounts if existing ones are still running - so you'll still have to wait until your minimum term has expired and then do whatever renegotiation or changes that you do.

As far as I know, Sky Q doesn't require Sky broadband but others may know better on that. There's a recent thread comparing the 2 platforms at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Virgin-vs-Sky/m-p/4362509 which may be useful/interesting.

0 Kudos