Menu
e11woody
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I want to change package and need to talk to someone in the UK who knows what they are doing!

I want to change my entire package (both adding and removing services). I've spend hours in queues waiting. I've only managed to get through to one person who told me what I wanted WASN'T what I wanted (apparently he knows better than me what I want). Then he cut me off.

I want to change my package and want to talk to someone who can ACTUALLY help.

Does anyone know how I can manage to get to speak to a human in the UK? The overseas call centres are staffed by people who follow scripts and don't know how to actually help you.

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to change package and need to talk to someone in the UK who knows what they are doing!

@e11woody wrote:

I want to change my entire package (both adding and removing services). I've spend hours in queues waiting. I've only managed to get through to one person who told me what I wanted WASN'T what I wanted (apparently he knows better than me what I want). Then he cut me off.

I want to change my package and want to talk to someone who can ACTUALLY help.

Does anyone know how I can manage to get to speak to a human in the UK? The overseas call centres are staffed by people who follow scripts and don't know how to actually help you.

Changing your package has to be done by phone or if you happen to have a local VM store.By phone call 150 from VM landline and listen to the options choose the (thinking of leaving us) that will get you through to retentions they open at 8am if you can call as early as possible that way you should hopefully avoid long wait time. When you get through stand your ground regarding the changes you want to make as you pay the bill not the VM employee also be aware that when changing you will be committed to a new 12 month contract.

0 Kudos
e11woody
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to change package and need to talk to someone in the UK who knows what they are doing!

It can't be done in store. Just wasted two hours going up to Walthamstow to find out they can't. Staff called a department and gave phone to me. After 10 mins on hold, even the store had put me through to the wrong department. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Seriously, Virgin. All I want to do is change my package. I've been with you for YEARS and you are making it IMPOSSIBLE. Should I just go to Sky instead?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As praxis has said....

Try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 10pm but calling early (between 08.00-10.00 - Tue-Fri) is usually best, you will usually get a UK call centre then who’s staff are more informed and helpful. Tell them you are thinking of leaving for Sky/BT because of these problems - and they will try and sort it for you

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
e11woody
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The man I spoke to on the phone when I went into the Walthamstow store told me I needed to speak to Retentions. He told me Retentions was ONLY done from the UK and you NEVER got put through to overseas call centres with people who follow scripts.

A total lie. Have called Retentions twice today and on both occasions got put through to people in India. One person was almost impossible to understand.

I've had cable for over 18 years, dating back to when it was NTL. How can Virgin make it so hard for a long standing customer to change their package? They seem to REALLY hate their customers.
0 Kudos
Bazle
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes you are totaly right. I spent 1 hour trying to change my package. My first call went abroad, I could not understand them so I hung up and tried again, with a 1 hour wait. They are a total disgrace and this is from a long serving customer from before Telewest days. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In general calling retentions early 08.00-10.00 am usually gets you through to a UK call centre. However, its not "guaranteed" when the lines are all busy they can route the calls offshore rather than present a "line busy" tone. Monday mornings are always their busiest time too.
Whether the offshore agents can negotiate new deals etc., I dont know for sure. I suspect that has to be done in retentions UK but that presumably doesnt stop offshore agents having a go !

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
e11woody
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I hear what you are saying. I'll try and call early one day to sort it.

What I'm annoyed about is the deliberate lies I keep getting. The last man I spoke to told me that retentions were NEVER dealt with overseas and were ONLY dealt with in the UK call centres (he even listed the locations of the call centres but I've forgotten where he said they were).

Clearly this is not the case and is a lie.

The last person I spoke to in India told me the TV package I wanted WASN'T what I wanted and wouldn't let me change down! Apparently I would lose "too many channels which I want". He wouldn't listen to what I wanted.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@e11woody wrote:

What I'm annoyed about is the deliberate lies I keep getting. The last man I spoke to told me that retentions were NEVER dealt with overseas and were ONLY dealt with in the UK call centres.  Clearly this is not the case and is a lie.

That may not be a lie..   and be accurate and true - albeit a semantic argument.   After all you werent trying to cancel (the real purpose of  the "Retentions" department) you wanted to change your package.  Had you insisted on leaving I would bet he wouldn't have processed it but rather transfer you back to the UK number - that may not get answered - or routed overseas again !  But I am guessing Smiley Happy

@e11woody wrote:

The last person I spoke to in India...

Was it actually in India?  VM have offshore centres in several countries.  Or may employ "non-natives" in those call centres.

--------------------
0 Kudos
e11woody
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I know I'm not trying to cancel. It's Virgin Media who have told me that for the changes I am trying to make (as it's not just changing a single thing) that I need to talk to Retentions. I've never said I want to talk to them. I just want someone who can change multiple services in one transaction.

And as for whether they were in India. Yes they were - I asked!

0 Kudos