Menu
Jumantj
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I’m Missing channel 509 Sky sports news

I’ve recently subscribed to a new package and I’m missing sky sports news the lady told me I’d already have it as I have the sky sports collection but I cant view it. Can someone check my account to make sure it is active as I’m paying for the sky sports collection.

Thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I’m Missing channel 509 Sky sports newsH

Hi Jumantj,

Using your remote control click on start and then please do the following

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

After doing the above you may need to reboot your V6 before any missing channels appear.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Jumantj
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave just tried that but it says theres been a technical hitch and their unable to log me in.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Jumantj,

I'm not sure where that technical hitch message has come from as I've just checked on my V6 and am now performing a search for missing channels.

You could try the following method instead.

Help & Settings> Help > Virgin TV> then scroll across and all the way down to TV Care on Virgin TV> Missing Channels

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I’m Missing channel 509 Sky sports news

Sky Sports News is not part of the Sky Sports collection. This also applies to Sky Sports Mix.

You have to have the Maxit bundle to get Sky Sports News HD (509). Only the SD version (519) is available as an added Personal pick with Mixit.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

NPP
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

"You have to have the Maxit bundle to get Sky Sports News HD (509)"

or the Entertainment & Sport Lite add-on

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@NPP wrote:

"You have to have the Maxit bundle to get Sky Sports News HD (509)"

or the Entertainment & Sport Lite add-on

I'm not so sure that's right.

The current personal picks guide, lists 519 Sky Sports News as on the Entertainment & Sport Lite add-on, but not Channel 509 the HD variant.

On the channel guide Channel 519 is listed as a personal pick, but 509 as Maxit/Full-House only.

I think @nodrogd previous post is absolutely correct.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jumantj
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all of the replies the advisor seemed to think I already had access to it with the sports collection package presume I wouldn't be able to change this mid contract. 

0 Kudos