Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have sky sports but theres no live games will i get a rebate

I have sky sports but theres no live matches during this pandemic will customers get a rebate on their package?

William Brown
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have sky sports but theres no live games will i get a rebate

A simple search of the forums would turn up the numerous times this question has already been answered.

Sky/BT are currently not refunding their own customers, & are not varying the agreements with third party providers like Virgin or TalkTalk. Until they do, which is likely to be when the season is cancelled & not postponed, you won’t get any refund.

If you subscribe separately to Sky Sports you have the option to give your 30 days notice & re-subscribe at a later date.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

A simple search of the forums would turn up the numerous times this question has already been answered.

Sky/BT are currently not refunding their own customers, & are not varying the agreements with third party providers like Virgin or TalkTalk. Until they do, which is likely to be when the season is cancelled & not postponed, you won’t get any refund.

If you subscribe separately to Sky Sports you have the option to give your 30 days notice & re-subscribe at a later date.

I think you'll find that Sky are allowing their own customers to pause their sports channels penalty-free, and with no minimum term...

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@ps1983 wrote:

@nodrogd wrote:

I think you'll find that Sky are allowing their own customers to pause their sports channels penalty-free, and with no minimum term...

See my reply in your other thread.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

@ps1983 wrote:

@nodrogd wrote:

See my reply in your other thread.

..and you see mine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

... you seem to be somewhat sarcastic, self proclaimed VIP, as if this is your own personal forum. Give your ego a rest - you don't have to answer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It seems you may not be aware but you can currently pause your Sky sports package meaning you don't have to pay the extra costs involved in having it. you can do this by going to this web page https://www.virginmedia.com/help/thinking-of-leaving/talk-to-us and filling in the form you will then receive an email stating you have paused you package (it can take a few hours to come through due to current high load as you can imagine at this time)

Hope this helps

Jake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more