Menu
snappercartier
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I do not wish to continue with Sky Cinema after my offer expires

I cannot find a way online to reduce my package to no longer continue with Sky Cinema when my offer expires on June 20th, and since calling on the phone is likely to take an hour, I would be grateful to anyone who can give me insight. I have been round in circles several times and have a headache.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I do not wish to continue with Sky Cinema after my offer expires

Hello

With regards to account issues I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
snappercartier
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well, waiting for a text reply is preferable to that awful on hold music. Thanks, Mike. I'll try that.
I understand that account issues cannot be solved on the forum, but I wonder if I was missing something when I was trying to sort out the issue on my page?
0 Kudos
snappercartier
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was thanking you for the suggestion, Mike, but it ignored my detailed query and now I am currently in a dialogue with a texting computer which does not understand me, and will only allow me to express myself with one digit answers. When I use a simple sentence, it tells me it is still learning and goes back to the questions requiring single digit answers. At least I am not having to endure on hold music!

To those wanting to text their query, I recommend not going into detail initially, beyond, say a one or two word description. You will waste your time, as a computer will respond.

0 Kudos
snappercartier
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It seemed like a good idea to do things by text, but I found it a very tedious process and wish I had waited an hour to speak to someone, as had been predicted when I first set out to make a call.

At first, I was dealing with a robot which asked me for the same information twice and took nearly 12 hours between responses. When I eventually got to deal with a real person, I had to give that same information to verify who I was a third time.

After many exchanges happening through my evening meal and whilst watching a couple of hours of tv, I eventually worked out that I could not arrange to discontinue my Sky Cinema offer there and then without it's service ending before the offer had reached its final date, but if I left it too late, I would be forced to pay for another month. In other words, I have a window of just 2 days in which to make the call to downgrade my package.

This, in my view, is a cynical way to extract money from those people who are not so good at keeping to a diary.

0 Kudos
snappercartier
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No notice period after cancelling Sky Cinema

I should have 28 days of watching Sky Cinema after I cancelled it, yet 2 days after I gave the notification, the sevice is not available.

I first tried calling, but after going through several stages, was given the message that they had 'shut up shop' for the week-end. Then I tried to make an online complaint and after I had completed it, the complaint form disappeared and could not be retrieved.

I appear to have been given a small refund, but I am certain that I was told that I had until June 20th to continue watching that service.

I would like to be able to watch Sky Cinema over the week-end and Bank Holiday, but it's looking unlikely. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No notice period after cancelling Sky Cinema

You can't cancel then expect to watch, I don't think it's unreasonable for your services to stop and a refund for the time not used to be refunded.

If you wanted to watch over the bank Holiday perhaps you should have waited until after to cancel. 

0 Kudos
snappercartier
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No notice period after cancelling Sky Cinema

Cancellation is not supposed to be immediate. If it were, I would have waited until 20th June when the Sky Cinema deal is set to run out. But if I had done that, I would have been deemed to have not given the required 28 days notice, and been forced to pay for another month.

At the time I gave notice (during a critical 2 day window, not too early, not too late) I asked the question, "At what point will I be unable to watch Sky Cinema any more?" and was told 20th June. So to be unable to access the service immediately after giving notice contradicts what I had been told.

My gripe about this happening at the bank holiday week-end was the apparent unavailability of anyone to sort out the problem until the next working day.

0 Kudos