Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can't get any channels except BBC1 and ITV. Every other channel says says 'channel is not authorised'

I can't get any channels except BBC1 and ITV. Every other channel says says 'channel is not authorised'. I have turned off / on at the wall and reset the box numerous times to no effect.Can't get through to a human at the call centre. Have just got cut off after holding for over an hour! Any ideas on how to fix or how to get hold of someone on the phone? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't get any channels except BBC1 and ITV. Every other channel says says 'channel is not authorise

Hi Sally33,

Which box have you got?

When was it installed?

What error messages/numbers do you see?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't get any channels except BBC1 and ITV. Every other channel says says 'channel is not authorise

The chances are, you will need Virgin TV Faults to take a look at this, but if you could answer newapollo's questions, that might help others on here assist further 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think it is it the V6 box, and I am not really sure when it was installed as we have had a few box changes over the years - at a guess I would say 2 years. It is definitely the box and not an area issue as we have another (identical) box in another room which is working fine.  I have seen a couple of different error codes pop up - C233 and C217. I would love to speak with the 'fault team' but I have tried and tried and can't get through 😞

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you're not sure which box you have, check here 

The V6 does need 2 separate connections - the incoming coax cable for TV channels, and (ideally) Ethernet cable to your homehub for the internet - WiFi can suffice here but introduces extra variables. Check your error messages here but many Cxxx tend to be connectivity related - so make sure your box can talk to the homehub... if you can get into Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, check the top-right for the status.

VM staff do respond on here, but they are currently taking upto a week. Meaning self-help and call-queue patience (depending on your issues) are very much the order of the day.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

May be an account issue if only the unencrypted channels are getting through.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks All for your input. It's definitely a V6 box and an issue with just that box only as the other box in the house is fine. I have tried to remedy every way possible with resetting the box and trying to reconnect to the internet etc etc but I thin this can only be fixed by someone with access to my account / by calling the fault team. Sadly it just seems impossible to get hold of anyone, and i have wasted literally hours on hold and going round in circles on the phone IVR which then gets cut off every time! Anyone know of any magic ways to get hold of someone?

I will report back when I eventually manage to get it fixed!

0 Kudos