Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How to get a service update?

Just wondering how you get progress updates on service issues. My TV hasn't worked since yesterday and all the website says is that there is a problem in the area with an estimated fix of tomorrow at 12pm. Doe this mean they KNOW it will be fixed by then, or is it just an estimate? It would be useful to know. The communication is very poor as even when you sign up for updates, it appears they only update you once it is fixed. Giving customers a brief understanding of what the issue is in the first place would help. Tried to phone to ask, but the voice recording said to expect a queue up to an hour long, so I wasn't interested in that wait. Also, do you get a credit off your bill for this and if so is it automatic or do you need to request it? I lost wifi last week too, so at the moment I'm grudging paying a full bill next month and am sitting here with next to no information about what is actually happening. Any information from others who have navigated this scenario would be useful. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get a service update?

@Alex26 wrote:
Just wondering how you get progress updates on service issues. My TV hasn't worked since yesterday and all the website says is that there is a problem in the area with an estimated fix of tomorrow at 12pm. Doe this mean they KNOW it will be fixed by then, or is it just an estimate? It would be useful to know.

All fault resolution timescales are an estimate, and this is likely to be the same with every service provider - not just Virgin Media.

@Alex26 wrote:
Also, do you get a credit off your bill for this and if so is it automatic or do you need to request it?

Take a read of https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get a service update?

Thanks for getting back to me...…..it's more than I've managed to get out of Virgin. A week later still no TV and the estimated fix is now updated to 3 days time. Tried phoning, spoke to someone who kept me on hold for over an hour who clearly had no clue what she was doing, emailed a complaint that hasn't been acknowledged, online chat is empty. Still no update despite subscribing to the update service. It's a total joke.
0 Kudos