Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How to get a complaint answered

Hi can anyone help me with how to get a complaint dealt with please. I logged it 8 weeks ago and heard nothing for 5 weeks then got a letter asking me to contact using text service. I've been trying to do this for 3 weeks now, they keep having half a conversation with me and disappearing, I have to then chase it up and they do the same thing again. Theyve done this 5 times now. They offered me a cheaper package at one point then disappeared and the next person then said he wouldn't agree to what had previously been agreed. I've asked for it to be passed to a senior manager in line with their code of conduct but just get nowhere, it never gets passed on. Completely stressed with it all as now had 8 weeks with virtually no TV channels and 2 kids at home while I'm a keyworker working from home. Do I escalate to CISAS or the ombudsman? 

Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get a complaint answered

CISAS.  Ombudsman Services don't cover VM, although CISAS do a similar job (and from what I can see, do it well).

However, I'd imagine that CISAS have delays in processing at the moment.  Under normal circumstances CISAS aim to resolve all cases in six weeks, so it isn't a quick fix - but it is often a very effective fix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. Ill have to try CISAS as virgin just don't seem willing to deal with it. Really poor service for what started as a relatively easy issue to resolve. Unfortunately I'm stuck with 2 bored kids at home and pretty much no TV channels for the last 2 months and until it's sorted.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevewo, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

Sorry you haven't had chance to discuss your complaint with us, we have been extremely busy across all departments recently. 

I would love to see what we can do to help get this resolved and have sent you a private message, please reply when you can 🙂

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just thought I'd give an update on this in case anyone else is reading this in a similar situation. 

My advice would be to go directly to CISAS after your 8 weeks has passed. Although Hettie was very friendly, helpful and responded to my messages and has reduced my package price I still haven't been sent a replacement box or been given any credit for loss of service for the last 13 weeks.  I keep being told a replacement box will be sent but 13 weeks later I still don't have one.

My query has now been passed on to someone else who is refusing to answer me as even though I've been corresponding through my account for the last 5 weeks I apparently now don't pass security. I've given my name, address, sort code, account number, last amount taken from my bank account and amount on my bill. Even though I'm reading it directly from my bill she says it's the incorrect amount and therefore can't help me?

I'm now going to send a full transcript of my dealings with virgin over the last 13 weeks to CISAS anyway so may as well have done it  5 weeks ago.

Thanks to Hettie for the help she did give me though. Unfortunately virgins complaints process is non existent.