Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

How to get a V6 box?

How does one go about getting a V6 box, i am out of contract and don't want to renew, nor do  i want to change my current deal or plan, i simply want to swap the old tivo box from the 18th Century for the V6 box?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to get a V6 box?

Hello

Do you currently have VM Broadband as well as a v6 will only fully work with VM broadband.

If you do have broadband then you will need to  speak to CS to see if you can get one free.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Excellent, yes i do have broadband with VM, tried the phone route this morning but after 25 minutes on hold i gave up, i shall try the text service. Thanks for the quick reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I would expect any offer of V6 at a reduced cost to come in return for a new minimum contract period.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am not asking for any cost reduction, just the same as I am paying now but swapping the old box out for a new box.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

.. and what incentive are you giving Virgin Media in return for the cost of the new equipment?

Nothing - hence my suggestion they would want a new minimum contract period.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Anything that is classed as “legacy” product (eg. Full House TV) cannot be carried across. So in the case of FH your package will become Maxit TV, with the loss of the children’s channels. The upside of this is that Maxit is cheaper than FH.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The incentive they get money from me each month? Within 7 months i will be moving to an area that VM does not cover. I could cancel now and go to BT get gig fibre and save myself some money, or VM can carry on getting my money and just giving me a V6 until i move.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@deathchurch wrote:

The incentive they get money from me each month? Within 7 months i will be moving to an area that VM does not cover. I could cancel now and go to BT get gig fibre and save myself some money, or VM can carry on getting my money and just giving me a V6 until i move.

In which case you are likely heading for an early disconnection fee if you change any part of your contract:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early... 

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, in my opinion, you have nothing to offer Virgin Media and the correct approach should be to take a new contract with a supplier you can take with you.

0 Kudos