Menu
ALAN1967
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

How to cancel my TV package

Hi All,

I have tried for days to contact this company to cancel my TV package but simply cannot get through, the lines are just never answered.(In total over 5 hours on the phone in 3 days)

Before anyone has a go at me about the situation this country is in with this dreadful virus being the number one priority, I fully agree, however this is a telecommunication company, surely it's not beyond the realms of possibility that remote working for their call centre staff could be an option. The impact to all businesses is terrible, I just think some customer focused businesses handle emergencies far better than others (the cynic in me actually thinks this situation is being utilised to it's full potential to ensure customers cannot contact them)

Anyway, rant over, does anyone know how I can contact these people to cancel my package. Is there another number apart from 150 or 0345454111?, maybe a 'live chat option' would be helpful...but again that's thinking about customers isn't it, I guess that won't happen.

If anyone does have another way to contact them I would be really grateful.

Many thanks

DCT1872
Joining in
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to cancel my TV package

Hi Alan,
I'm in a similar position to you. I tried for hours on Saturday with no luck.
I have recently come to the end of a fixed term deal and now have a huge monthly bill which I want to reduce. I understand the pressures on the call centres but how about making it possible to downgrade on the website as well as upgrade?
The time on hold has however given me time to re read the terms and conditions wherein I discovered a postal address for cancellations. If I can't reduce my package this evening then that will be the road I'll be going down.
..Ha...was on hold while typing: cut off again after 40 minutes. Cancellation it is then!
suge1w
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Yep, it's completely utilised to make it as difficult as possible to cancel or downgrade. They're expecting a surge of cancellations now that Covid-19 has shut the economy down. Lots of people are losing their jobs and just cannot afford an extra £100 a month on a TV package. 

MacBloscaidh
Tuning in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

You're right, i've just made a similar post.

Virgin Media could help their call staff massively by helping customers downgrade their packages online but the truth is they just don't want to make it easy for any customer to downgrade, that's why they insist people phone.

At the very least they should provide this option on a temporary basis.
ALAN1967
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

DCT1872 - writing to them may well be the answer, I might just give that a try as anything is better than this farce of ringing them. They really are an extremely poor company when it comes to doing the right thing for their customers, it's all about the money. Thanks for the heads up, I will take a look and see if I can find that address. Just remember if you do write to send it recorded as no doubt they will deny receiving any correspondance.

Thanks again.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Best time to call is 08.00-09.00 - try then.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ALAN1967
Tuning in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

Have tried pretty much at all times during a 24 hour period, simply don't answer. Today I even tried to contact their number for 'adding' services, thinking they might be more open to that, but still nothing. Their telephone automated voice advises a web page can be used to add/remove packages, however that page doesn't actually exist.

I'm writing to them now, will send it recorded and cancel my DD, they can then bill me direct so I know I'm paying the correct amount for the month's notice.

Absolute garbage company, telecommunication company, I think not.

Thanks

Littleern
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same issues. Have called several times and stay on the line for 30-45 minutes before the call then gets disconnected. I’ve also sent a message via the website and after 3 days still no response. I’ve decided to cancel my direct debit and sent a message to say I have been left with no other choice due to lack of commas with Virgin. I’m sure if I was calling to add a service or if I was a new customer I would’ve through pretty quickly. I understand that they may short staffed nd therefore busy but in that situation it would be wise to allow people to cancel via the website. They don’t as they think they can lock in unhappy customers for longer as a result

Littleern
Tuning in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

And just as I posted this last message I get through and have (hopefully) just cancelled. So it can be done, at least I’m theory! More painful than it needs to be though
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Littleern wrote:

I have exactly the same issues. Have called several times and stay on the line for 30-45 minutes before the call then gets disconnected. I’ve also sent a message via the website and after 3 days still no response. I’ve decided to cancel my direct debit and sent a message to say I have been left with no other choice due to lack of commas with Virgin. I’m sure if I was calling to add a service or if I was a new customer I would’ve through pretty quickly. I understand that they may short staffed nd therefore busy but in that situation it would be wise to allow people to cancel via the website. They don’t as they think they can lock in unhappy customers for longer as a result

Virgin has lost 50 - 60% of its capacity to answer calls as both India & Philippenes based call centres are in lockdown. Online requests still have to go through a CS agent to be activated, so you would be no further forward. For instance, the current wait to have Sky Sports payments suspended via the online form is 4 - 5 days.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos