Menu
jeromeC
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How to add Favourite with old Virgin remote

Hi Guys,

I just got the new Tivo, no remote but the old one still works - I am ok with that, my remote still works perfectly. So thumb up for that. 

But how do I add Favourite without the Thumb up and down? any tip? I will likely only do it once, I just add the channels I have subscribed and never touched it again. 

Many thanks,

Jerome 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to add Favourite with old Virgin remote

I don't think you can. You should make sure you get TiVo remote as I'm pretty sure you'll come across other oddities and omissions when controlling the box.

The ability of the old remotes to work with a TiVo was purely as a temporary thing in case Virgin Media needed to send you a new remote.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to add Favourite with old Virgin remote

Hi jeromeC,

you should have been sent a new remote with the new box.

You could try the text messaging service to request one

Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

I'm afraid I don't know of a workaround to add  favourites with an older remote, and you can't do it with the TV Control app

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos