Menu
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

How long do email offers last?

Got this offer for BT Sport today which I would like to take up when champions league starts. Nothing about date offer is valid until. Will the offer still be valid in 20 days time?

723E486D-47F4-4897-82F9-C9948262FCA6.jpeg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long do email offers last?

Are there any small print or T&C below the graphic on that advert? I'd expect details such as offer expiry, in there somewhere.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Plenty of small print, no expiry date.

The Legal Stuff:
Prices may change at any time during the contract. BT Sports: This price is on top of your existing monthly Virgin TV subscription cost. BT Sports must be kept for at least 30 days but can then be cancelled on 30 days' notice at any time. Channel line-ups are subject to change. Service usually upgraded within 48 hours, but in case of exceptional demand may take up to 5 working days.
General: All information and prices correct at 3rd September 2020. Equipment remains the property of Virgin Media. Offers available to the named recipient of the email received only. Upfront payment or deposit may be required. Stated add-on cost does not include any existing add-ons and extras on your package, such as paper billing or non-Direct Debit charges, or home phone add-ons like Talk International. You will continue to receive and be charged extra for these. We may withdraw or amend the discount if you change any part of your package including downgrading a bundle service. Virgin Media bills you in advance. Service usually upgraded within 48 hours, but in case of exceptional demand may take up to 5 working days. Your first bill after the upgrade takes place will reflect your new monthly price for the following month plus the period between the upgrade and the start of the new billing period. Further Legal Stuff applies. For full terms and conditions please go to virginmedia.com/legalstuff.
*UHD TV required for UHD channels.
TV Go: Content available to view depends on TV package. Not all channels/content from relevant pack available. Live streaming and On Demand requires broadband/WiFi or 3G/4G access. UK only (or while temporarily in EU). Access via PC, Mac or TV Go App (selected iOS devices and Android™ devices only). Maximum 5 compatible devices per account can watch TV.
††Watching content on the Virgin TV Go app when not connected to WiFi will require a compatible 3/4G device and connection. Data may be chargeable – please check your data plan.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi knowing virgin if you don't strike while the iron is hot,I'm sure it won't last, i think I detect you want it for a specific match then give 30 days notice, you might be better using a Now TV stick. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

looks to me like you';d have to take that offer for 18 months anyway
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@LittleMick73 wrote:
Hi knowing virgin if you don't strike while the iron is hot,I'm sure it won't last, i think I detect you want it for a specific match then give 30 days notice, you might be better using a Now TV stick. Regards Micky

BT sports isn’t on Now TV. I want it when Champions League starts on 20th October 2020 until Mid-May 2021.  Prior to that there is nothing on I want to watch, but I would be better off with £12/month offer than the £25/month direct from BT.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:
looks to me like you';d have to take that offer for 18 months anyway

No.  T&Cs state

"BT Sports must be kept for at least 30 days but can then be cancelled on 30 days' notice at any time."

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Looks like it could be a gamble then. You could wait until the day before your match, and the offer could still be there - you could try it next week and it's gone.

I can't see an expiry date either, just a few littered references to "may change at any time"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I would tend to agree with @Anonymous here.

I think you’re quoting standard Ts&Cs when you’re paying the standard £18 per month.

Your initial attachment for the offer clearly states that the £12 price is for 18 months. You can’t have your cake and eat it.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

I would tend to agree with @Anonymous here.

I think you’re quoting standard Ts&Cs when you’re paying the standard £18 per month.

Your initial attachment for the offer clearly states that the £12 price is for 18 months. You can’t have your cake and eat it.

No, I am quoting the text that is on the email.  What is your problem? Whenever I post I get smart Alec answers.  Cake?  

0 Kudos