Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How do I scale back my package, when no one is answeing

At the moment, I am in 12weeks isolation because of the carona virus, no income and need to take my TV back to basic, I have been trying for around a week to call to be cut off just before being on hold for an hr.

Please please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I scale back my package, when no one is answeing

Same boat ... and no doubt lots of others.

The only thing I can think to do is write to them, keep receipt of the letter, and cancel your DD to them. Everyone here seems to suggest to keep trying the phones ... what's the point of that? They won't answer, it's just another way of making money out of the situation through call charges.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to allow cancellation requests through a set up inbox and they can be processed remotely.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Whatever you do or don't do, cancelling DDs is the one sure-fire way to cause further problems down the line, than you potentially solve now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Would you care to elaborate further with details? Just so we can all be educated better?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you cancel the DD but are still receiving services then you are in arrears - ultimately they we will refer your debt to a "collection agency" and black spot your credit rating - not something you want if you need credit or a mortgage or want to join another BB supplier, etc.
Best to persevere and the best time to call is 08.00-09.00.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Even if you give them the 30 days notice they require to cancel, and not cancel the DD til after that period has passed ?

0 Kudos