Menu
Alexlouise7
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do I replace sky tv with Virgin tv. I have 3 sky boxes over 3 floors....

Hi Everyone, I have virgin high speed internet 350 and want to now come away from sky tv but need to have sky sports and keep the package similar. Problem is I don't just have 1 tv, it's a big shared house and we have 3 tv's over 3 floors. There seems to be now way to account for this on the order for the extra bundle and no way of communicating this or getting a quote for it? 

The extra 2 sky boxes are wifi connected not wired in. Virgin are also not taking calls at the moment so can't call them.... 

Many thanks 

Alexlouise 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I replace sky tv with Virgin tv. I have 3 sky boxes over 3 floors....

Hi the short easy answer is wait until this situation is over. Regards Micky
cranforduk
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I replace sky tv with Virgin tv. I have 3 sky boxes over 3 floors....

Additional Virgin media V6 boxes need to be connected via coax but in addition need connecting to wifi. This can be wireless if you can get a signal otherwise via ethernet cable or even using powerlines. Since you are over 3 floors running the coax cables could be tricky.

You will need an engineer to set this up so as above you will need to wait.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM installers only carry short ladders & are not heights trained. As mentioned earlier, live channels & most On Demand content is delivered direct via the coaxial cable to the TV boxes, not over a network connection. Unless this connection can be achieved by internal wiring on the upper floors you will not be able to use Virgin TV.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM will not install multiple TV boxes until the current crisis passes.

The boxes on the floors above the hub can be connected to the coaxial and Ethernet cables by drilling holes in the ceilings and lifting floorboards, and then having pull ropes for the VM tech to install the cabling.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos