Menu
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How do I access Sky 192 Feel Good Factor TV (launches on Saturday)?

I would like to access the new Sky channel that launches on Saturday.  How do I do that from my Virgin Tivo box?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I access Sky 192 Feel Good Factor TV (launches on Saturday)?

I'm guessing Channel 192 is the position on the Sky EPG that this new channel will take? In which case, that has nothing to do with Virgin.

Virgin TV is a separate platform to Sky, if the channel launches on Virgin then it would have its own channel number.

Or is Feel Good Factor a programme?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Just joined
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is a new channel that Sky is launching on Saturday.  See https://www.newsanyway.com/2020/10/30/launch-of-new-feel-good-factor-tv-series-tv-to-help-you-feel-g...

I can't get a reply from Virgin by ringing 150 and can't find any reference to it on here.  My mentor, Secret Millionaire Sue Stone is appearing on Saturday morning and I would really like to see that!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There's nothing on that page to suggest the channel will be available on Virgin TV. In the absence of any specific reference to Virgin Media, it will only be available to Sky TV customers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sky 192 is Showcase channel. It is a channel Sky have that organisations can insert individual programmes broadcast in a weekly slot. A lot of these organisations are "testing the water" to see if it would be worth launching a channel of their own in future.

As per the launch spiel:

"Feel Good Factor TV launches on Sky Showcase TV Channel 192 on Saturday November 7th 2020 (repeated on Sunday) and will air for 13 weeks. This is a brand-new TV series dedicated to health and wellbeing, featuring a series of short shows (varying in length from 3 to 24 minutes) designed to inspire and uplift, entertain and educate."

It is a TV Series, not a channel.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd,

Drat !!! You beat me to it.

As an aside, I wonder if VM would consider letting organisations to Showcase their channel/programs on VM 100 to  see if it would be worth their while? 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

@nodrogd,

Drat !!! You beat me to it.

As an aside, I wonder if VM would consider letting organisations to Showcase their channel/programs on VM 100 to  see if it would be worth their while? 

The obvious reason I can think of is coverage. Going with Sky gives these guys 98% UK coverage & 12+ million potential viewers off of one platform. There was even a joint venture with Freesat for a time. The channel that is now Spotlight TV started with one programme on Showcase (& VM STILL don't carry it now. HINT HINT!!).

Looking back at when I joined cable in 1993 we had a local cable channel called West Herts TV. It was the first one in the country, run by a gifted bunch of amateurs who produced 6 hours of programming a week from a "den" at the back of the local cable companies offices, backed up by a local text service running between the programmes. It was very popular locally, but despite a large protest NTL decided it had to go, as it did not "fit in" with them moving to digital TV.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos