Menu
Malmcd28
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How can you change your tv package to cut the monthly cost?

I have the VIP Bundle and the phone line which I want to change. I want to drop Sky and Skysports and BT Sports and Cinema etc. All of the deals are for new customers only. My contract ends on 16th July 2020 ( One year ) Everything on help page seems to be "upgrade" Do I have to threaten to leave before I can get any changes put in place ?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can you change your tv package to cut the monthly cost?

Call in -- 08.00 midweek, is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. Go to “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can help you re-negotiate your package in lieu of starting a new 12mo contract

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Malmcd28
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can you change your tv package to cut the monthly cost?

Thanks John. Got through no problem and followed your instructions to the letter. Got my package changed first time. Dropped Skysports and Cinema and BT Sports and dropped monthly payments from £133.50 down to £89👍
Thanks for your advice

Cheers

0 Kudos