Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help for elderly parents tv fault

Hi, I’m hoping someone can help please.

My elderly parents have Virgin tv and telephone.  They have a fault with the TV service but cannot get through to anyone to help fix it.  My father has spent nearly 5 hours on the phone over the last few days either on hold or going round in circles to end up being told by the automated service to go online to try and fix it, but they do not have the internet so are unable to do that.  I too have tried to call Virgin to see if I can get through on their behalf but end up I the same situation. They just want to get an engineer out to fix it like they did in the old days!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how they can speak to someone to explain what the problem is?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help for elderly parents tv fault

Hi Limahut,

If you explain what the problem is with the set top box and error messages we may be able to help.

Otherwise I'm afraid it's either back to the phones or try the text messaging service.

If phoning  you need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave, I’ll pass that on to them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Limahut 

Welcome to the forum and thank you for taking the time to post.

I am sorry to hear your parents are having some issues with there TV box are you able to let us know how things are looking since your last post, have they managed to speak with the customer care team? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos