Menu
ph34rc0wb0y
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help: compatible TV without broadband for elderly relative?

Hi, if I've placed this in the wrong part of the forum then my apologies.

I have an elderly relative (91 years old for reference) who lives on their own and discovered lately they have an old out of date box that doesn't receive half the channels he believes he pays for. The TV apparently comes up saying to call 151 to discuss options, but he says he's contacted a few times and been told he can only get a new box if he takes a broadband service which I don't believe is right or fair.

I'm aware that the newer box needs a connection to broadband, however the old TIVO box had it's own connection built in the box. Do those boxes still get offered to customers without internet connection? What are the options here?

Thanks for any advice offered.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help: compatible TV without broadband for elderly relative?

Virgin install Tivo for customers with no broadband, but if he's lasted this long with the few channels he has, perhaps freeview would be a better option? 

0 Kudos
ph34rc0wb0y
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

He's been paying for a full package for so long and wants the sports channels to be able to watch football and stuff he said.

That's good to know they still install the TIVO boxes, I'll need to try and look into arranging for that to happen for him.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning ph34rc0wb0y,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to that your elderly relative has an out of date set top box

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me and I'll see to take some details from you and have this arranged

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos