Menu
Shaznie
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help .. box stuck on clearing data

Can someone please help? 

Last night I wanted to delete all recordings on my box, went to settings, all confirmed then I got a message saying “sit tight this could take a few minutes” well 20 hours later it’s still there!

i tried turning off tv and box by rocker switch on the back - nothing. I also held down tv+record button to reboot on box.. nothing.. help lol 

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help .. box stuck on clearing data

@Shaznie wrote:

Can someone please help? 

Last night I wanted to delete all recordings on my box, went to settings, all confirmed then I got a message saying “sit tight this could take a few minutes” well 20 hours later it’s still there!

i tried turning off tv and box by rocker switch on the back - nothing. I also held down tv+record button to reboot on box.. nothing.. help lol 

When you switch the box off did you remove plug as well ? If not try that leave for 5 minutes then put it back on if you are still having the same problem time for a phone call call 150 from VM landline and choose Tv faults.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can try this, it will wipe your box (if it works) switch off the tivo wait 30 seconds and switch it back on and hold TV+Down+Record buttons on the front of the box for about 60 seconds this will wipe the drive and reinstall the tivo operating system 

0 Kudos
Shaznie
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your reply. I did try removing the plug, nothing. Tried so much. Had to call virgin in the end and they replaced the box.. the speed is so much better. Everything became so slow so I’m pleased it happened 

0 Kudos