Menu
Gooners21
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HELP

Can someone advise me why its such a pain and nightmare to get through to customer service staff that actually want to help 

Virgin Media staff are damn right rude and incompetent with the service they provide I Really do not know why I bother with virgin media will be shopping around for other providers 

Rant over now to the actual problem

My Virgin Media Tivo box only recording half the programmes and not full programmes, I have spoken to rude and unhelpful members of staff and now posted this hoping to get some sort of help 

0 Kudos
praxis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELP

Only two roads to follow here (1) You need to call back and hope you can get one of the few service reps that might actually be able to help you. I assume when you called you choose Tv faults option ? 

Or option (2) hope one of the site mods sees your post at which point they will apologise for the inconvenience and send you a pm.

But back to the problem when you are setting up the recording is it a manual or series link? And does it happen with all recordings if so your box hard drive might be knackered.

0 Kudos
Gooners21
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It varies with the recording 

Sometime i can record a 2hour movie other days it will record 45 mins of a an hour show 

Ive spent 45 mins just listening to the hold music only to get through to an incompetent annoyed member of staff clearly who dont like her job who put the phone down on me 

0 Kudos
praxis
Well-informed
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate your frustration I’ve had the same experience with VM service staff but that was with there overseas call centre. When you are recording and your recording does not work out is it always on the same channel ?

Couple of suggestions try rebooting your box then set up a recording just a short one 30 minutes and see how it goes you can also add recording padding which will set extra time at the start and finish of your recording I used that all the time main reason is some channels don’t always start broadcasts at the time they should.So if the program prior to your set recording over runs you still stand a chance of getting the show you wanted.

0 Kudos
Gooners21
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice 

Ive tried everything and still nothing 😞 

0 Kudos
praxis
Well-informed
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like a possible software issue or a hard drive fault you maybe need to call and get an engineer out to look at it. if you have any of the failed recordings keep them till engineer arrives so you can let them see what the problem is.

0 Kudos
Gooners21
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ive tried resetting my box but its just stuck one thing for the past 24 hours 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gooners21,

Thank you for coming back to us and for the update.

What is it that is showing on the screen at the moment?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Gooners21
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I finally have an engineer visit 

Apparently the box is not working so the engineer will be replacing and installing a new one 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gooners21,

Thank you for coming back to us and for the update, I am really glad to hear this is now going to get resolved. apologies for any inconvenience and the delay in getting this resolved.

If you do have any further issues please do not hesitate to give us a shout.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos