Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HD channels pixel blurring

Whenever I watch anything in HD the pixels freeze up and blur for a second at random regular intervals. This occurrence is happening on both boxes I have in my flat. The sound remains normal. The main HD channels I am watching are: Sky Sports, Sky News, ITV, BBC, 4 and Comedy Central. 

I have tried:

-resetting the boxes

- changed the HDMI cable

- Tried other services to check it isn't the tv (Apple TV through box, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney) and all work without an issue

- I have watched in SD and that works fine just HD

- Checked the website to see if errors in my area and there isn't

- Tried the text service- received no reply

- Tweeted and no luck getting a response 

-calling 150 and I reported the issue, however they logged the issue and told me to call back another time. I have tried 6 different times and been kept on hold for over 6 hours but each time it disconnects after being on hold so long

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channels pixel blurring

Pixellation is a classic symptom of poor TV signal, and is normally caused by a fault somewhere. The other services you've mentioned are all streaming services carried over the internet, so are unaffected by issues with the TV signal.

Of the channels you've mentioned... there's 9 Sky Sports channels so I'm not sure which one you mean...

One particular broadcast channel carries the following channels and so all should be affected by a fault on this frequency: Sky Sports Mix HD, TJC HD, Sky Sports Arena HD, Sky Sports Golf HD, CBBC-HD, C-Beebies HD, Sky Arts HD & BBC4-HD

Are you saying you've already called VM and spoken to faults agents? With the explanation you've given, and on the basis of both your boxes being affected, I'd have expected an engineer visit to be the next step - assuming there's no existing faults that could be the reason.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response and advice.

By other devices I also used games consoles and freeview, ultimately eliminating any prospect of faults with the TVs. 

Sky sports main event, premier league, Bt sport and all of the sky movie channels should be included in that list. 

this has been a fault for over a week now and I can’t actually speak to anyone to get a solution to this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Daveyb83 wrote:

Sky sports main event, premier league, Bt sport and all of the sky movie channels should be included in that list. 

Far more than it's worth checking for correlation, then..

@Daveyb83 wrote:

this has been a fault for over a week now and I can’t actually speak to anyone to get a solution to this.

There's no easy answer here. The call queues for faults do seem to vary depending on when you call. Early morning and mid-afternoon are apparently better. VM staff on here are currently taking upto a week to respond.

There's the text message service (07533 051809) but I'm not sure it's intended for heavy-duty fault reporting. Worth a try if you're really struggling otherwise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos