Menu
stevemart
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

HD channels keep pixalating

My HD channels keep pixalating & especially Bt sports channels... tried rebooting but doesn’t help & when I do a test says all is fine

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channels keep pixalating

Depending what package you're on, can you check the following other channels (all HD):

BT Sport ESPN, Sky Cinema Disney, Sky Cinema Premier, Sky, NHK Japan - all share a broadcast frequency with BT Sport 1

Sky Sports PL, ITVBe, Sky News, Nickelodeon, MTV, Sky Nature - all share with BT Sport 2

Sky Sports News, Nat Geo Wild, Sky Cinema Hits, Sky Cinema Animation, Paramoune Network, E!

Pixellation is nearly always the result of problems with your TV signal, and these "clusters" of channels are broadcast on the same frequency - and so would be affected by a signal fault on those frequencies.

If that is true in your case, then it confirms the likely diagnosis that you have a signal fault which only physical intervention by VM will resolve. Call TV faults on 150 or 0345 4541111 and report your fault. The agent may try to reboot your box as an extra precaution, but if you've already tried that, there's nothing different about their reboot compared with yours (well, not that would affect the picture, anyway)

Forum staff work through these threads but it may take a few days, during which time you could easily have an engineer booked or box swapout arranged, if you call.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos