Menu
TheHam96
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HD channels have blurry adverts

Not that I pay a decent amount a month to watch adverts but can’t help but notice on some of the sky sports and bt channels the adverts are pretty blurry, especially on the by sport ultimate channel

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channels have blurry adverts

It's not often people complain about the adverts rather than the programmes!1

Which are the Sky Sports channels affected? And dare I ask which adverts? 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TheHam96
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

True but I have a quality TV set up and was getting full HD and UHD on YouTube when streaming but now on virgin when watching live sports in HD the players are pretty grainy and blurry and so are all the adverts. It’s very apparent on bt sport HD and Sky sport HD (mainly sky sports football) and also very obvious on E4 HD. Sky cinema resolution is pretty hit and miss. Some cinema I can bare with while others the quality of resolution is too low to go back to after being so used to 1080p. It seems many other virgin customers with a v6 box are in the same boat as myself. I’ve had sky q in the past and never experience SD on HD channels. It’s not affecting all channels but the ones I watch most such as sports are the most impacted. It may also be worth noting I compared the clarity of the adverts from the likes of sky sport main event to another HD channel in entertainment and the ent channel was much clearer overall compared to the sky sports channel.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you experimented with the upscaling?

If your V6 is set to output at 1080, then your TV will upscale to 2160. If your V6 outputs at 2160, it does all the upscaling.

Different TVs are better at this than others, so the quality will vary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TheHam96
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate the feedback, upscale was on and I’ve tried all the definitions available and it doesn’t improve at all. I have I have an LG CX so shouldn’t be having a picture quality at the definition I’m getting at all. Seen on another discussion on here that so many other v6 customers have the same problem. In comparison to sky q I’d say it’s night and day sadly. Loving the bb speeds though! 

0 Kudos