Menu
sebbity
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HD channels distorted. Virgin system test advises new box required - how proceed please ?

My HD channels broken up.  Some pixelation on normal channels.

No works in area and cable layout fine.  Reboot not resolve.

Virgin system test advises something wrong with box.

How do I resolve please ?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channels distorted. Virgin system test advises new box required - how proceed please ?

As a first step, reboot your box.

If pixellation persists, you likely have a signal fault which will need fixing. Call 0800 5610061 which will report any known issues in your area. If nothing's reported, then you need to report your fault.

Call 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone), and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". If the IVR offers to run tests, then following this option may well lead to the automated system arranging an engineer visit or box-swap... grab the chance and accept the offer.

Any other "inducements" that the IVR offers to stop you from queuing, are best ignored and you should then wait for an agent to answer. They should either arrange an engineer visit or replace your box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sebbity
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channels distorted. Virgin system test advises new box required - how proceed please ?

Many thanks - will try this.  KR  Seb.

0 Kudos
sebbity
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Any other tips please ?  No problems in area.  Called twice and got cut off at each time after 45 mins of waiting.  Problem continues on one box but not another in different room.  

Many thanks.  

Seb

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try swapping the boxes around.

It won't help you with the call queues, but will identify whether your problem is the box or internal cabling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos