Menu
Cooper11
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HD channel pixelation

We have been customers of Virgin Media for well over 12 months & for at least 9 months we have been experiencing intermittent drop out of  the internet & pixelating HD channels , these issues have worsened over the last 3 month & I am currently unable to watch a BT Sport channel I am paying for monthly & the internet has dropped out / frozen at least 5 times today.

I have spoken to customer service twice today & once over the weekend & they have been of no help whatsoever (claiming they can't deal with whatever issue I have at the time),.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channel pixelation

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They should do these while you're on the phone to them.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and you'll need to call them.

It's probably easier to keep this post to your TV issues and deal with your internet in the speed forum, here - but just check whether it's your broadband or your WiFi that's problematic. If it's the broadband, the two issues may be related or could be separate.

When you say that VM were "of no help whatsoever" when you called to report this, can you elaborate on that? What did they say, do or advise?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Cooper11
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, I've been calling Virgin Media for several months & received innumberable promises & guarantees all of which have been broken, the latest promise was after I called 24/01/21 & was assured a technician would call me in 24 - 48 hours, 103 hours later I'm still waiting.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm really not sure why the agent you're speaking to, can't arrange either an engineer visit or replacement box (depending on diagnostics) without needing to arrange a callback.

There are some limited circumstances where this is valid, but it's often an excuse to get you off the line.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Cooper11
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Eventually got through tonight & been promised an engineeer visit tomorrow, we'll have to wait & see

0 Kudos