Menu
Greenbriar
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HD channel pixelating

Some of HD channels pixelate and this happens a lot on E4 hd, even when recording. We also had very slow broadband speed today, which then made the pixelation worse. Checks ran through our account say everything seems ok. Any advice? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channel pixelating

Pixellation is usually the result of incoming signal issues, if a reboot fails to resolve then it nearly always needs VM to resolve the underlying fault.

Depending on your package, check the following channels as they share a broadcast frequency with E4-HD:

Sky witness HD, Fox HD, Quest HD & MTV Live HD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Greenbriar
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Those other channels you mentioned also share the same problem. It seems to be in the evening mostly and if we disconnect the broadband from the tv then it stops 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In which case you have an issue with your incoming signal levels.

This will need VM to physically check your cabling and identify the source of the poor levels.

Best to assume you're the only customer affected and they won't know you have issues unless you report them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Greenbriar

Sorry to hear about the pixellatiing issues. 

I have just checked a few things from here and can see we have arranged an engineers visit

Can you please let me know how this goes and if the issue has been resolved 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos