Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Green screen dvr problem

Twice in the last week my virgin box has switched off and has a message saying the DVR has a serious problem with a green background.It may take up to 3 hours to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green screen dvr problem

Hi
Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable and connect it to a different HDMI port?
If you did then send me a private message, not reply or quick reply, and I'll arrange for a replacement to be sent to you.
Thanks
Rob

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@kk1874 wrote:

Twice in the last week my virgin box has switched off and has a message saying the DVR has a serious problem with a green background.It may take up to 3 hours to resolve the issue.

This means the hard drive has died, you'll need a new STB. If you send a text message to this number 07533051809 with all your details inc acc number address problem and someone will get back to you

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robert,

I am having exactly the same problem.

Thanks so much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JM,

Just sent you a PM.

Thanks
Harry
VM Field Tech

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a Helpful Answer once issue is resolved!