Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Green screen - TV fault - issues with customer help/support.

I can see that lots of people on here have posted that they are seeing a green screen with a "serious fault" message.  I also see that the advice seems to be that I will need a new box.
My problem is that I cannot find a way to get hold of anybody to ask for one!  The automated phone system told me that they "ran a check" and there was no fault - ummm - yes there is!; the web page asked me to enter an error code - there isn't one on the screen; and I have rang three times from three different numbers and the total hold time to date is 2 hours and 57 minutes (lord knows how much that has cost me!)
I even had an email asking for feedback asking me how happy I was with the automated help service - I gave a really low score, full details of the issue and left a contact number - but still no further help.
PLEASE can somebody advise me how I can get this resolved.  This has been a week now and I am currently researching other packages as I am sure it must be easier/quicker to simply stop paying and switch to a different provider than this debacle!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green screen - TV fault - issues with customer help/support.

And now I keep getting excited as I see messages popping in and I think "wow! that's a (uncharacteristically) fast response" and then it turns out to be an email telling me I've got a "badge" or have moved up a bloody rank!  Bearing in mind that most people join these forums when they have an issue or problem i find them pointless and frustrating,  Read the room Virgin Media!   A automatically generated virtual badge does not make anybody feel that they are being helped or listened to!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This is primarily a user forum with Virgin staff picking up threads (normally) a few days later. Even more so with it being a weekend.

As frustrating as I'm sure it is, the quickest way to get your box reported as faulty is to persist with calling Faults C/S on 150, or 0345 4541111. I can only suggest you keep trying at different times of the day.

There's also the text message service, but again - that can take a few days to respond and isn't intended to be a way of reporting a live fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.  I've run again as advised but it ran the same tests as before, said there wasn't a fault, and then cut off the call.  I just need to talk to someone!  Surely some people on the community have been able to speak to a real live human?!

Is there not a better service than this?  I have only ever used virgin for my tv and broadband so have no idea what other suppliers are like but I can't remain with a company that leaves people so stranded.  I do most of my work from home and I had no idea that if my broadband went this would be the situation.  If this fault had been with my broadband then this level of service could potentially have cost me thousands by now! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I was about to post to the same effect @DJ_Shadow1966

@JosieMI would suggest you keep trying C/S in the meantime, but we've flagged this thread for attention by the forum staff, hopefully that means it'll get picked up sooner than it would otherwise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi JosieM,

Usually when calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, which in your case won't resolve the problem. A lot of people on the forums have indicated that if  then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent picks the phone up. It seems the automated system recognises that you've already called.

You could hang on here for a day or two, and hopefully a member of the forum team will pick this up for you, but I would try calling again as indicated above.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both.  I will post again - with really grateful thanks - as/when/if this gets resolved and I get to talk to someone!

(still strikes me as an unusual way to run a customer service department mind you - no service from virgin - but very helpful service from members of the public!)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi JosieM,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your V6 box .

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again to those who offered advice and "flagged" me magically to virgin media staff somehow - I have an engineer booked to come out to me tomorrow.  
You have all been very helpful.  Ta!