Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Green Screen - Serious Problem Detected

After a one hour call wait on the phone yesterday , I was advised that there is an outage problem in the area and that would be why my TV doesn't work. Apparently the problem won't be fixed for 7 days and I will not be eligible for any refund.

After reading conversations about 'green screens' on this community, I am not convinced that this the issue and instead it appears that I need a new box.

Anyone from Virgin Media staff, can you help?

I have only just last month had my phone line fixed after 3.5 months of no phone line and terrible/zero communication from Virgin Media in attempt to fix the fault. I would really appreciate a more prompt response to this new problem.

Please can someone arrange for the Virgin TV box to be replaced asap?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Green Screen - Serious Problem Detected

@AP9 wrote:

After a one hour call wait on the phone yesterday , I was advised that there is an outage problem in the area and that would be why my TV doesn't work. Apparently the problem won't be fixed for 7 days and I will not be eligible for any refund.

After reading conversations about 'green screens' on this community, I am not convinced that this the issue and instead it appears that I need a new box.

Network outages do not cause directly cause hard drives to fail, which is what the green screen means. I do hope your call yesterday was recorded - I'm going to flag this post to VM staff to get this passed on.

You're quite right to surmise that green screen does indeed mean it's time for a new box. Ordinarily I would say that staff responses on here can (currently) take upto a week and you should not give up on calling through in the meantime. In this instance, I'm going to flag this blatant C/S nonsense to forum staff which may also lead to a quicker reponse... but please do keep trying again in the meantime.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. 

Given recent issues with my phone line and wait times etc. I would appreciate any flagging up to get this resolved asap.

I also hope the conversation was recorded. The customer services staff who said he was a senior adviser said a few things that made me question his integrity and knowledge of service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @AP9

Thanks for your post. Apologies for the delay in response, we have been very busy and doing all we can to get to each customer ASAP. 

I've been able to locate your account and I can see that you have spoken to us since this post. Are you still needing help with this issue today? 

Let me know and I'll do my best to help 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos