Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Green DVR screen

Green screen for 3 weeks- no getting through to Virgin to speak to anyone. Left a complaint on the website with the promise to reply with 48 hours 4 days ago and still no response. Any advice on how to get this resolved?!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green DVR screen

Hi Avco,

A green screen is the sign of  ahard drive failure and the box needs replacing.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box? By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it.

If that doesn't work then unfortunately you need to contact the Faults team. 

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. I have run all the tests so will try the text number that you gave me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Avco,

Welcome to the community forums - thank you for posting for help with your TV issue.

I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to use your TV service for such a long period of time due to a DVR error. I've been able to locate your account and have arranged for a new V6 box to be sent out to you, as your current box will need replacing.

You should receive the new V6 in around 1-5 working days, so please do let us know once you've received it and if you need any thing else from us.

Have a great weekend and hope to hear back from you soon.

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help. Hope we get the box soon will let you know.

0 Kudos