Menu
Rachy81
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Gold channel pixelation

Hi

Has anyone else got a problem with Gold being unwatchable due to pixelation? Since Wednesday I haven’t been able to watch the channel. All the other channels are fine. I rang virgin today and was told it wasn’t a problem with virgin but with my telly and to call a Samsung engineer out. I can’t see how it can be my telly when it is just one channel and have had no problems till Wednesday when they were working on a problem with the tv in the local area which I saw on service status. Any advice would be welcome please. Thanks 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gold channel pixelation

Hi Rachy81.

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the TV pixelation issue. I understand how frustrating this must be.

From running a check in your area, I can see there is an SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue in your area. The fault number is F007377398. The estimated fix date and time is today at 6pm.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Shandylady64
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem, the pixelation on Gold tv channel is dreadful. None of the other channels are like this. Do I ring and report it? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The short answer is, yes, as long as you've rebooted your box once to eliminate a software gremlin, then you need to report your fault as it could be affecting only you.

If you're able, check Freesports HD on Ch553 - this channel is available on all packages and is carried on the same broadcast frequency. So a signal fault affecting Gold HD on Ch124 would also affect Ch553.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos