Menu
AB1918
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Going through 'All Apps' and we cannot get Amazon Prime, All4, ITVhub, My5

There other threads about this which I have red closely  but Virgin do not seem to be able to find a solution.

We do not have a 4K television it is a Samsung UE 40HU6900U type UE.

We  have tried switching the V6 box on and off again, and doing a full reset.

The adverts play on All4 and ITVHub, but the programmes do not play. The programme pages come up on Amazon Prime but will not start.

Be great if there's a solution, there's no nee to apologise, I've read enough apologies.

Looks like time to ditch Virgin and go over to Sky. Why pay for a price increase when its only  a partial service?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Going through 'All Apps' and we cannot get Amazon Prime, All4, ITVhub, My5

This can have a variety of causes, but the most common one is issues with HDCP 2.2 compatibility, which is going to become more common all TV platforms as time goes on.

A good check is to drop your video output to 1080 and see if this "resolves" - follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output, and enable 1080.

If this resolves the issue, then HDCP2.2 gremlins are very likely your issue. If it doesn't, then there's possibly another reason.

If you do consider an alternative provider, I would strongly suggest you have their service installed, tested and working before disconnecting from VM. This would cover off the possibility of your TV being (at least partly) the cause.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi AB1918,

You need to connect the VM box to the MHL port on your TV. reboot the VM box after doing so.

From your TV manual,

" HDCP 2.2 can only use the HDMI(MHL) port. HDCP is short for 'High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection'
and is for video copyright protection.

Explanation virgin-tv-error-codes/603  and Help 4k-ultra-hd-content 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
AB1918
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Dave, that worked!

AB1918
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

All catch-up worked going directly through our TV by-passing the V6 box. Also this suggestion from another technician worked:

You need to connect the VM box to the MHL port on your TV. reboot the VM box after doing so.

From your TV manual,

" HDCP 2.2 can only use the HDMI(MHL) port. HDCP is short for 'High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection'
and is for video copyright protection.

Explanation virgin-tv-error-codes/603  and Help 4k-ultra-hd-content 

0 Kudos