Menu
Rotrax
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Gift not recieved

I was promised a free TV 28 days after the start of my new service.  After 28 days I was told it would be another 14 days. Now 7 days later I am told it could be another 14 days.  Executuve customer services told me there was nothing they could do except chasevup thei delivery company. They say I have no rights as it's something I've not paid for. I have several emails promising imminent delivery. Would just like a straight answer from somebody who can help. Service commenced 18th June.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gift not recieved

Hi Rotrax

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you've not received your TV. 

I've checked our systems today and can confirm that there is an open complaint about this with our CEO team who are monitoring this for you. The delay is due to a back log of orders but you will receive the TV asap, I can assure you of that

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Sid_A
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rotrax,

Having the same issue as you. Just curious to see if you had any updates on your side regarding the TV etc? I have just been told to wait for an update...

0 Kudos
Rotrax
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Was told by a member of the executive complaints team that I had no consumer rights as it was a free gift. Firstly they blamed the delay on Covid then that their courier was having problems with a new computer system.  I sent a second email to Danoel Potts head of executive complaints pointing out that it was misrepresentation under the sale and supply of goods act as the TV was offered as an incentive to take out a contract with VM.  The TV arrived 2 working days later, followed up by an apology and £30 credit on my account.

0 Kudos