Menu
gisele6
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Getting through to Virgin

My Tivo box does not work. I have been on the website, and have done what they suggest (check connections and reboot). However, this has not worked at all. Originally, the box was showing "no signal" for all live tv channels, though I could still use catch up, and play recordings. Now, there is a solid blue light and a flashing red one. This says that the box is being updated, and that this may take "a few minutes". I left the box on, but several hours later the same sign is being shown, and the update is stlll at "Stage 1 of 3". No progress has been made. I am finding it impossible to speak to anyone at Virgin, and am finding this situation a bit frustrating. I have in the past valued the good service I got from Virgin, but this is far from satisfactory. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting through to Virgin

Hi gisele6,

You need to contact the Faults team.

You can call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.  The department close at either 6 or 8pm.

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
paul0363
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting through to Virgin

Got through no problem today (only a 5min wait!). 

Follow the "thinking of leaving" options and get through to "retentions".  They usually answer pretty quickly and can sort everything out (they do more than retentions!).  Dial 150 then once you get to the main menu (after the phone no. check)  it's options 4-4-2

0 Kudos