Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Getting a TV box

I have a £32 package with Virgin taken out a few months ago. I never received a TV box with my order? I don't want any fancy packages just a box that i can record on or pause. When i look at packages on offer the equivalent cost appears to include a tv box. How do i go about getting one as when i phone customer services they keep telling me it will cost an additional £30 per month! Why would i pay that when i can buy a box in Currys for approx. £80-100.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting a TV box

If your contract with VM is for broadband only (and it sounds like it is) then you don't get a TV box for the VM TV service. TV costs more. You tell us what you contracted for? And you can't buy a box for cable TV in the UK. You have to use VM's equipment which is offered on a rental basis as part of your monthly subscription.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. Virgin are offering a package at the moment with broadband, TV big bundler and phone for £30 per month

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/big-bundle 

I believed this was what I signed up for only three months ago. My package doesn't include TV but that is not what was offered. The same day I took the package oiver the phone with Virgin i was offered a package as above by Currys when i was in buying a tv. Doesn't make sense to me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

£54 for that if you are not a new customer.

If you had a tv pachage the engineer would have installed a tivo box when they installed the internet.
If sounds liek you are on a broadband-only package.

You won't be able to get a new customer deal now you are not a new customer so look at the prices after the new customer discount

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps you should review what My Virginmedia says you have.

Logon there and you’ll see your bills and your contract, documenting the services you have.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi barrsirnbru,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear there is some confusion are the p[package you accepted.

Have you managed to speak to customer care to see which package your are on, when you took the deal we would of sent a welcome letter showing your package/ price and contract ETC.

If you dont recall seeing this or have misplaced it, you can also see your contract details including a break down of your package on your My Virgin Media online account which can be found here .

It sound like the package you have chosen doesn't include TV, if you wish to add this or simply discuss your options you can speak to our customer care team on 0345 454 1111 option 1 then following the option to discuss your package.

Kind regards

Paul

0 Kudos