Menu
LEM1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Freeview Channels not available

Why are certain Freeview channels not available? They were yesterday? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Freeview Channels not available

Hi Lem1,

please can you tell us which channels are missing?

You can search for missing channels, please follow these steps and any on screen instructions.

Home >Help > Help & Settings > HelpVirgin TV > Virgin TV Troubleshooting > Check for Missing Channels

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
LEM1
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

DMAX 

0 Kudos
LEM1
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Could watch it yesterday but it’s gone today and no notification. My bill has got so high now, not sure I can justify cost when I can’t even watch a Freeview channel!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Lem1,

thanks for replying. That's unusual as I thought all the Freeview channels were available on Virgin. Looking at the channel guide it's not available on the player pack (which is now the Big pack)

It's also not available on the Mixit pack unless you subscribe to one of the Personal Picks according to the TV guide, BUT it's not included in any of the Personal Picks on the website which lists the channels in each pick.

Hopefully a member of the Forum Staff will pick this up and feed it back to those concerned.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All the free offerings from all suppliers have different combinations of channels.

There is no requirement for Freeview, Freesat and Mixit to all have the same channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not all channels are available on both Freeview and VM as it's all down to the carriage agreements. An example is TBN which is on Freeview but not on VM. And a couple of years ago there were many people unhappy that UKTV had been pulled off VM due to a dispute between these companies.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's a legacy issue. 

Discovery used to offer Travel Channel as a free-to-view channel and DMAX as a pay channel, but they swapped them around on Freeview and Freesat a long time ago.

Virgin Media still hasn't followed suit, so Travel Channel is on VM's lowest TV pack rather than DMAX.