Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Free channels for children?

Are VM going to be offering free kids channels if they are to be off for several weeks?  Sky has announced this so I am hoping VM will follow.. 

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/18319634.sky-customers-get-free-extras-including-new-channels-cor...

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Free channels for children?

Hi I'm karl a service tech for virginmedia. Yes all children channels are now free

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media has made lots of children's channels free, but NOT all.

Currently available to all TV customers:

Nickelodeon, Nickelodeon HD, Nick +1, Nick Jr, Nick Jr Too, Nicktoons

Cartoon Network, Cartoon Network HD, Cartoon Network +1, Cartoonito

Boomerang, Boomerang +1

Pop, Tiny Pop

CBBC, CBBC HD, Cbeebies, Cbeebies HD

CITV

NOT included:

Disney Channel, Disney Channel +1, Disney Junior, Disney XD

Baby TV

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am already paying for these childrens channels as I added them to my package in February. Will Virgin be refunding customers for the period that they have made the channels free for. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@jf60 wrote:

Hi,

I am already paying for these childrens channels as I added them to my package in February. Will Virgin be refunding customers for the period that they have made the channels free for. 

Some elderly & vulnerable people are getting free food from the Government, so shouldn't we all get it? Nope.

This is a national crisis (well international crisis), and amongst other things the channel owners have decided (as they can & often do at certain times throughout the year) to offer a freeview period to those that do not normally receive their channels. Virgin can only do this with their agreement. This happens on all pay platforms regularly, especially around Christmas. So why is now any different.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos