Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 111 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free TiVo box upgrade letter

Well, I have my new Tivo, delivered to a local shop. Interestingly it isn't a V6 but a 2015 vintage Tivo, the CISCO CT8620. Brand new, but still last generation. I assume that as my package is/was for a V6 in the sitting room (which I've had since they came out) and an HD box in the next room it isn't considered necessary to replace an HD box with a V6.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 112 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Hah!

Well, I knew it couldn't be that straightforward. Setup went fine, apart from Virgin deauthorising my V6 box. Just why they think it's OK to send a deactivation signal without checking what services are going to be hit, when the setup instructions tell the customer to remove the set being replaced, escapes me. I'm not alone though. The've done this to a number of people according to this site. YeeHaw!! seems to be the guiding principle here. All back at last.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 113 of 122
Flag for a moderator

My box was due to be delivered to the local petrol station last Friday. When I placed the order it said I would get an email when it was ready to collect which would contain a collection code. I haven’t received any email.

Have other people had their email and code or did they just try and pick it up ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 114 of 122
Flag for a moderator

They're using Collect+.so you will need a message with the barcode/number so that the shop, or petrol station etc. can tell the system that you collected it. They won't just let you have the package even if it's arrived.

In my experience Collect+ is a reliable service, so delay is down to whoever arranged (or failed to arrange) the delivery.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 115 of 122
Flag for a moderator

So, has everyone received their new box? I never got an email containing the code to collect mine or any notification to say there was a problem. So I’ve just gone back on the website and reordered again. Hopefully for collection on Monday. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 116 of 122
Flag for a moderator

I have had mine a couple of weeks now,although I had an engineer out and I made sure I was not charged for them coming out The whole thing from start to finish was an absolute nightmare and should have been simple had virgin done it correctly on the first place

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 117 of 122
Flag for a moderator

New TiVo box required

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 118 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Hi ronaldmacleod

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting on our forum.

Do you mean you're requiring a new set top box?  If so, have you had any issues with attempting to order it?

Please do get back to me.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 119 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee,

I have received the same letter and cannot access the link on the website...Ooops error! Reading this thread no-one has had much luck since start of July.  Is there anything you can do to assist please.

Thanks

Margaret.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 120 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Carooky1

Cheers for the reply - we did have an issue with the link back in July but that was fixed and we've not had any further reported issues. 

Have you had any further contact from us since your initial letter in July? Have you been able to contact us directly on 150/0345541111 so we can assist and process the swap for you? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos