Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Free TiVo box upgrade letter

Received a letter saying my current box will no longer be supported and to go to virginmedia.com/getyourtivo.  Filled in my email address and confirmed it at Step 1 (got green ticks against both) and proceeded to Step 2 where there is nothing to fill in.  It just gives details of the box that needs replacing.  Clicked to proceed to Step 3 to arrange delivery and get an error message at Step 2 asking me to check below.  There is nothing to check as there is nothing to fill in or click on!  Anyone else had this problem?  It says I must order the new box before the end to July.  I used the online chat but was told to ring customer services but there is no option for me to talk to anyone ans no suitable choice from the options available.  

Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 122
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Free TiVo box upgrade letter

Best bet is to go through the "Thinking of leaving us" option, that will take you through to retentions who are UK based and slightly more clued up than the regular phone support guys. They should be able to sort you out.

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried a different browser?
Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Hi, just tried to do upgrade on line and got nowhere. Tells me I can’t upgrade on line and to ring an 0345 number. What is the point of send me a letter when they know I can’t do it on line. Have tried different browsers just the same.
Why don’t they just send me and others a new box Or is that too simple!
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 122
Flag for a moderator

That doesn’t work either!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 122
Flag for a moderator

I have received the same letter,I couldn't even find the website online to order the free upgraded TiVo box,went to online chat and they wanted me to upgrade my TV package by 3.89  a month,if not they would charge me 40 quid to send it out.I telephoned them and used the thinking of leaving us option,it took me approx 30 mins to get through,eventually was advised they would send one out,I then received a call later to advise there isnt an option to send one out but they have arranged an engineer to come and fit one even though I would rather it was just sent through the post.The whole process has taken me two and a half hours to sort out!!!There should be an option when you telephone then for general enquiries

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 122
Flag for a moderator

They wanted to charge you more? The letter clearly says 'free' and 'Don't worry, your contract and monthly price will stay the same.' This isn't being handled very well. They write saying 'You need to upgrade' and then when you try you're faced with a broken web page (I tried two different browsers and it still didn't work) and phone lines that are under-staffed and fronted with a terrible menu system.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 122
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same letter today and am also getting the same issue at step 2 where the site is saying There's a problem with the information you entered. Please check below and try again. when the details are in fact correct.

Virgin, is this going to be sorted so we can do this upgrade online as it would appear that I'm not the only one experiencing these issues. I have tried this in different browsers so it's definately a site issue!

(I work during the day so calling isn't an option!)

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 122
Flag for a moderator

I tried the online FREE upgrade page again at 6 this morning and still no joy.  PLEASE SORT THE WEBSITE OUT VIRGIN!

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 122
Flag for a moderator

When I finally got to talk to a customer service advisor on the telephone yesterday and she said she would call me back within half an hour, which she did,she advised a TiVo box would be posted to me and at no extra charge I would get more channels and my broadband would be upgraded,I have checked my account this morning and my broadband speed is still the same!!! Around an hour after sorting it out I received a call back from her, she advised that for some reason when she tried to order the TiVo box for delivery it kept giving her an error message!!! So she has arranged for an engineer to come and sort it,I wasn't too keen as I will now have to wait in!!let's see if it actually happens, I also confirmed with her that this is all free,?? As regards to the upgrade on my broadband if it doesn't happen ( Apparently it should have changed yesterday) I don't think I can face another phone call to them.I have actually had a call from someone at virgin this morning wanting to talk about upgrades to my account!!but to be honest the last thing I wanted to do was discuss anything ,after the two and a half hours yesterday spent wasted trying to sort out something that should have been so simple to do. In my opinion if a customer has a virgin box that will soon be unsupported virgin should just send a letter out advising this and then give an approx date of when the upgraded box will be delivered.