Menu
Sid_A
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Free Signup Gift (4K LG TV)

Hi Virgin Team,

Its been over 7 weeks and still no sign of the TV. I text the number suggested on the support pages (07533051809) twice with no reply.

My install date was the 29th of June. I signed up online to claim the package with the 4KLG TV.

It got the email from Virgin stating "Great news! We’re just about to deliver your free gift. It’ll be delivered by our partner, Exertis." on 24th of July.

Who do I contact and what should I do?

TIA

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Sid_A
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free Signup Gift (4K LG TV)

I have had automated emails asking about customer satisfaction feedback etc but no human dialogue what so ever...

Everything related to support is self help orientated on the Virgin media site.

This is an issue I need support on but not having any luck. Followed the guidance and still nothing.

Called customer service and got directed to the text messaging service that doesn't reply.

At a loss...

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sid_A,

There are a number of posts on the forums regarding the delivery of the free 4K TV.  Apparently there is a backlog at the moment and so delivery is slightly delayed.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Sid_A
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Dave,

This still doesn't help me find out whats going on. I need someone who is employed by Virgin Media to respond otherwise I cant be certain.

Granted your probably right but this doesn't confirm anything. If they sent it to the wrong address would you know? If there was a mistake somewhere would you have the ability to verify?

I know your comment was supposed to be useful and kind but if I was to take your comment at face value and do nothing then you would in fact be cause more damage than harm.

Best to let a VM MOS respond officially.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Sid_A

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - we are sorry to understand that you've not yet had your free gift. 

As our user @newapollo has advised, our supplier is currently dealing with a back log with this particular free gift and for that we do apologise. I have located your account from your forum information and updated your account accordingly for you. 

If we have any updates, we'll be sure to let you know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sid_A
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Katie_WT,

I have read that contacting Exertis directly may yield more information? Is this advised or do Virgin contact them on customers behalves?

I have waited 30 days + 14 days as stated on the VM guidance support pages.

My concern is that I have no tracking info and no idea when this will be delivered. 

I want to ensure i'm home the day they decide to deliver.

Please can you give me any more information other than to wait for an update?

0 Kudos
Sid_A
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Update: 25/08/2020

Just received the following email message from Virgin:

"Hello,

Just to let you know, your free treat for joining Virgin Media will be dispatched tomorrow.

It can take up to 72 hours for delivery, so please look out for a message from our courier partner, DHL.

Kind regards,

Virgin Media"

So the next 3 days I should expect a delivery. 

0 Kudos