Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Free Extra TIVO box Installation?

As part of a recent price Increase virgin offered some extra services for a small amount per month. Part of this was a second TIVO TV box. At the time I asked how this would be connected and was told via WiFi. Since receiving the box, that's only the case for VOD channels, and not the real time TV channels. At no time was I told I'd need a new coax feed to be installed, basically the box is now useless. I feel this was mis sold to me. What's the best way to deal with this situation? Thanks in advance. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free Extra TIVO box Installation?

I assume this second box is not a TiVo but is actually a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

TiVo boxes need one connection, which is the co-ax to carry TV signals and the internet.

V6 boxes need the co-ax to carry TV channels, and an internet connection (which can be Ethernet cable or WiFi) for OnDemand, EPG updates and other functions.

Virgin is a cable-TV operator, and the co-ax is the cable that carries live TV. Others are more familiar with the install process than me, but you will certainly need an additional co-ax connection being installed. I'd have thought that should at least have been checked, if not offered, as part of the second box process.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free Extra TIVO box Installation?

Thanks for commenting, I agree with your comment and did expect that I'd have a second connection available.

Yes it's a V6 TV box, thanks for the clarification. 

0 Kudos