Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Fox channel

I have mix tv in my bundle which includes Fox tv.  When I now try to watch something from this channel only the HD version comes up and I'm told I have to subscribe to watch.  This has never been the case before and I have been a customer for more years than I care to remember.  Any one know whats going on.  I am out of contract now maybe it's time to call it a day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fox channel

Are you trying to watch on channel 157 (standard definition) or 199 (high definition). Mix TV includes only the standard definition version, not to be confused with Mixit TV which doesn't include either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

All good, working as normal again now no idea what the problem was BUT, I can no longer watch Fox channel on catch up as I don't have HD in my package and that's all that comes up on catch up.  I have watched catch up programmes on this channel for years without a problem no one has been in touch to say this facility WHICH I AM PAYING FOR has been removed.  Can anyone out there shed a light on what's going on?     

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Acklam,

The only 2 Fox channels available are Fox HD & Fox +1. 

Due to this the only content available on Catch Up will be content from those channels. If you don't have the HD package then you won't be able to watch the HD Catch Up content. 

Have you tried the +1 to see if any of the content is available?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Evening Martin

I replied to another customer (VM Viewer) on this forum with the same problem as me and had two replies from Steven_L and Robert_P who are both under the same impression as yourself.  Which is I don't subscribe to Fox HD and yes you are all correct, but that's not my problem......

I have the Mix tv in my bundle NOT Mixit.  In this package I can watch the Fox channel as well as the Fox channel on catch up ( and have done so for more years than I care to remember ). Up until last week everything was fine, now when I try to watch Fox on catch up it's not there only the HD version. It's not the only channel I have which now only shows the HD version of a programme.  Some programmes which have several episodes start with the standard version but now show HD next to them for example episode 1, 2, 3, and 4 are the standard version then after that episodes 5, 6, 7 etc are marked HD. I have tried telephoning and it's impossible to get through.  No one has told me that my tv package has changed and if so for what reason I am not getting what I pay for I hope I have explained everything so you can understand as previously I mustn't have been clear enough in my messages.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information.

If this is suddenly not available for you are you able to go through the below steps and let us know if this rectifies the issue?

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

You may also want to turn the Tivo box off at the back, wait a moment, check the cables are all connected securely and then switch this back on.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Morning Emily

I have done as requested and it made no difference.  After looking at a  message from another customer ( VM Viewer) with the same problem they mentioned that the ...Pack Code (what ever that is ) had been entered incorrectly. Is it possible I have the same problem.  As I have said before I can watch Fox on channel 157 I guess that's SD but can't watch that channel on catch up .It's not the only channel like that but it's the first one I noticed when I went to watch a programme .  The others I noticed when I checked all the channels I have on catch up.  This is a service I am paying for and it's incredibly annoying when you start watching a series and can't finish it.  Another customer said the problem has occured since the tv bundles changed as you can no longer get MIX, I hope this can be soon rectified.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Martin_N

What you've told Acklam isn't correct. To quote you:

The only 2 Fox channels available are Fox HD & Fox +1. 

There are actually 3 Fox channels on Virgin TV:

• Fox (channel 157)
  • Fox +1 (channel 158)
  • Fox HD (channel 199)

Acklam's issue is that they have lost access to the Catch Up content for Fox, since it has been upgraded to HD.

I'm actually on the same package (Mix TV) and still have access to the Catch Up content for Fox, but have lost access to the Catch Up content for six other TV channels!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the additional information Acklam, can you confirm if you have more than one set top box in the property? If so, does this happen across the other boxes as well?

Catch Up and On Demand are value added services, we don't charge you additionally for these. But we're eager to assist and get this resolved so you can enjoy this additional content as soon as possible.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Evening

No I only have 1 set top box.

Regards

0 Kudos